© 1998-2013, Palestinian Media Watch, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction permitted, with the following attribution:
© Palestinian Media Watch – www.palwatch.org
Song dedicated to Palestinian prisoners honors arch-terrorists, on PA TV
Palestinian TV (Fatah) - Jan. 30, 2013
Text on screen:
"Dedicated by the Alashekeen band to our brave prisoners."
Clip of Mahmoud Abbas speech:
"We will not rest until all [prisoners] are freed, and the prisons are emptied."
Lyrics of song:
"We are pledged to the promise and the revolution. Our hearts are full of faith.
[Visuals of terrorists are shown.]
Click to view video
Click to view bulletin
Descriptions of the terrorists shown in the video:
- serving 54 life sentences for planning suicide attacks, including the suicide bombings at Hebrew University (9 killed), Cafe Moment (12 killed), Cafe Hillel (7 killed), Zion Square in Jerusalem (11 killed).
- serving 35 life sentences for planning two suicide bombings, one in 2002 at a Passover dinner, killing 30 Israelis, and another in 2001, killing 5 and wounding 100.
Yasser Abu Bakr
- responsible for a terror attack in Netanya in 2002 in which a nine-month old baby and an adult were killed.
- serving 14 life sentences for planning terror attacks in which 13 civilians were killed, including an attack at a private Bat-Mitzva celebration and the killing of a baby in 2002.
- serving 20 years for involvement in the Karine A Affair in 2002, in which 50 tons of illegal weapons were found aboard a Palestinian ship.
- serving a 30-year sentence for heading the PFLP terror organization. A song at a PFLP event also praised him for planning the assassination of Israeli Minister of Tourism Rehavam Ze'evi in 2001, but he has not been tried for this crime.
- serving 5 life sentences for planning terror attacks.
Note: This video originally aired on May 7, 2012 and was rebroadcast 11 times in 2012 and twice on Jan. 30, 2013.
PMW on Facebook
Follow PMW on Facebook
PMW on Twitter
Follow PMW on Twitter
directly from PMW
Videos & TV
Op-eds & books
© 1997-2013 Palestinian Media Watch