© 1998-2019, Palestinian Media Watch, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction permitted, with the following attribution:
© Palestinian Media Watch – www.palwatch.org
PA depicts a world without Israel
Future: A world without Israel
PFLP ceremony: “Long live Palestine from the river to the sea”
Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida - Dec. 5, 2014
“The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine’s main speech on the anniversary of its founding, given by comrade [PA Parliament Member] Khalida Jarrar at the founding [anniversary] rally in Ramallah”
“We have two upcoming occasions that reflect two crucial stages in the history of the open and all-inclusive struggle against the Zionist enemy and its imperialist allies:
The launch of the modern Palestinian revolution by the factions of the armed popular self-sacrificing activity. [And] the stage of the spreading of the revolution among the entire nation in terms of consciousness, practice and organization, when [the nation] began a sweeping popular (first) intifada ), which lasted for years, astonished the world, won its solidarity, embarrassed the enemy and overcame it politically and morally.
Comrades, distinguished guests,
On the grand anniversary of the founding [of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - PFLP], and the anniversary of the glorious Intifada, we stand in admiration of the Martyrs of our hundred year national journey. We remember the Martyr leaders, starting with [Izz A-Din] Al-Qassam and ending with the most recent Martyr who falls during an open battle still taking place against the Zionist racist occupation. We remember our founding leader, ‘the Doctor’ (i.e., George Habash), and all the values of the revolution he instilled in us… We remember Yasser Arafat, Abu Jihad, Dalal Mughrabi, [Ahmed] Yassin, [Fathi] Shaqaqi and Omar Al-Qassem… We remember the Martyrs of the Front [PFLP] in 2014, the heroes of glory, heroes of the popular response – comrades Ghassan and Uday Abu Jamal (i.e., terrorists who murdered 4 rabbis in a synagogue in November 2014)... We remember our brave prisoners in the enemy’s prisons, among them the Secretary General of our party, the great national leader, comrade Ahmed Sa’adat, as well as Ahed [Abu Gholmeh], Hamdi [Qur'an], Majdi [Al-Rimawi], Basel [Al-Asmar], [Muhammad] Al-Rimawi, brother Marwan Barghouti, Lina Al-Jarbouni, (i.e., 5 terrorists involved in murder of Israeli Minister Zeevi) and all our male and female prisoners…
As we commemorate the anniversary of the founding [of the PFLP] and the Intifada, we witness the first signs of a popular resistance trying to break free from the limitations imposed on it. The only thing missing for its further development, is the consolidation of a unified national leadership that will support our people’s readiness for resistance in its various forms, will put an end to the game of managing the [Fatah-Hamas] rift instead of ending it, and will prepare the ground for abandoning the option of the useless, destructive negotiations rather than continue to circle around them.
It is time to unleash the option of unity and resistance...
This is the option capable of dealing with the Zionist fascism and its military machine, which stood helpless against the Gaza Strip’s legendary resolve and courageous resistance (Reference to the 2014 Gaza war. When Hamas fired thousands of rockets at Israel, and Israel responded by destroying much of Hamas' terror infrastructure– Ed.) and which is [now] unable to extinguish Jerusalem’s incessant and increasing popular uprising (Reference to the Palestinian wave of terror attacks against Israel from October to December 2014 –Ed.) that protects the land and the holy places…
Long live Palestine from the river to the sea
Long live the Popular Front
Glory and eternity to the Martyrs, freedom to the prisoners
Recovery to the wounded
We will surely prevail
Peace be upon you”
Abu Jihad (Khalil Al-Wazir)
was a founder of Fatah and deputy to Yasser Arafat. He headed the PLO terror organization's military wing and also planned many deadly Fatah terror attacks. These attacks, which killed a total of 125 Israelis, included the most lethal in Israeli history - the hijacking of a bus and killing of 37 civilians, 12 of them children.
led the most lethal terror attack in Israel’s history, known as the Coastal Road massacre, in 1978, when she and other Fatah terrorists hijacked a bus on Israel's Coastal Highway, killing 37 civilians, 12 of them children, and wounding over 70.
Sheikh Ahmed Yassin
– founder and former head of the terrorist organization Hamas. The Hamas movement is responsible for numerous terror attacks and the deaths of hundreds of Israeli civilians.
- serving a 30-year sentence for heading the PFLP terror organization. A song at a PFLP event also praised him for planning the assassination of Israeli Minister of Tourism Rehavam Ze'evi in 2001, but he has not been tried for this crime.
Ahed Abu Gholmeh
– serving a life sentence for planning the murder of Israeli Minister of Tourism Rehavam Ze'evi in 2001.
- serving 5 life sentences for orchestrating three shooting attacks that killed 5 people: one in Jerusalem (June 12, 2001, 1 killed), another in Givat Zeev near Jerusalem (Jan. 15, 2002, 1 killed), and one in Tel Aviv (March 5, 2002, 3 killed). When arrested in 2002, he headed the Tanzim (Fatah terror faction). After he was convicted and imprisoned, he was re-elected member of the Palestinian Authority parliament.
- an Israeli Arab woman serving a sentence of 17 years, convicted March 9, 2004 of maintaining contact with and helping Islamic Jihad terrorists, of conspiring to commit terrorist attacks and of aiding an enemy during war.
Ghassan and Uday Abu Jamal
- carried out the Jerusalem synagogue terror attack. On Nov. 18, 2014, two Arab terrorists, Ghassan and Uday Abu Jamal from East Jerusalem, entered a synagogue in Jerusalem and attacked worshippers with guns, knives and axes, killing 4 worshippers and a police officer. Seven people were injured, 3 of them seriously. The terrorists were killed in an exchange of fire with Israeli Security Forces that arrived on the scene.
- founder of the terror organization Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). The PFLP has planned and carried out numerous terror attacks against Israeli civilians since its founding in 1967 and throughout the Palestinian terror campaign between 2000- 2005 (the Intifada).
PMW report: The Rajoub File
PMW report: The Rajoub File
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW report: The PA's billion dollar fraud
PMW on Facebook
Follow PMW on Facebook
PMW on Twitter
Follow PMW on Twitter
PMW on YouTube
Subscribe to PMW's YouTube channel
PMW report on PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
PMW special report: PA Antisemitism - Overview of 2015
directly from PMW
PMW report on PA education
A recipe for hate and terror
Gaza War 2014
See PMW coverage of the war
Videos & TV
Op-eds & books
© 1997-2019 Palestinian Media Watch