Official Fatah Facebook page lists reasons US President Donald Trump’s Middle East peace plan is dangerous, from the so-called “National Campaign to Thwart the Deal of the Century”
Image and text posted on the official Fatah Facebook page
Posted text: “For those who ask”
The image shows hazard tape at the bottom, and at the top is a logo that includes an American flag crossed out with a red line.
Text on logo in Arabic and English, error in source: “Down The Deal Of The Century
Jerusalem is the Capital of Palestine”
The two texts refer to US President Donald Trump’s Middle East peace plan, which has not been published yet, and Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
Text on image: “The most dangerous things in the American deal of shame:
• A Palestinian state without sovereignty
• Abu Dis will be the capital of the Palestinian state instead of Jerusalem
• The occupation state will have full security sovereignty on the ground
• Revocation of the Palestinian refugees’ right of return
• Recognition of the occupation state as a Jewish state
• Turning the [Palestinian] cause from being political to humanitarian and economic
• Full normalization between the Arab states and the occupation state
• Establishing the plans to separate the two parts of the homeland
• Creating an alternative artificial leadership
The National Campaign to Thwart the Deal of the Century”
US recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Israel - On Dec. 6, 2017, US President Donald Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Trump added that the final borders of Jerusalem will be determined during negotiations. The US embassy opened in Jerusalem on May 14, 2018, the anniversary of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948 according to the Gregorian calendar.