Fatah threatens and condemns group of Palestinians who participated in religious dinner with settlers as a “collaborator group” and “treason”
Posted text: "A statement from the Fatah Movement in response to the iftar [Ramadan fast-breaking meal] with the settlers (apparently referring to an iftar meal in Hebron on May 13, 2019, organized by a joint Israeli-Palestinian organization that fosters bilateral economic ties in the West Bank –Ed.)"
The image shows a statement, and at its top is the Fatah logo that includes a grenade, crossed rifles, and the PA map of “Palestine” that presents all of Israel as “Palestine” together with the PA areas.
Text of statement: "A statement by the Fatah Movement – Hebron Branch
The masses of our resolved people:
The Palestinian cause and our national project are currently being subjected to a methodical and strong attack, and the settler government is weaving plots against our people with the support and aid of the American administration and a number of additional bodies that are following in the US and Israel's footsteps in order to pass what is called 'the deal of the century' (i.e., US President Donald Trump's as yet unpublished Middle East peace plan) to eliminate the Palestinian cause according to their plots, aspirations, dreams, and attempts to create an alternative to the PLO, the sole legal representative of the Palestinian people. In the shadow of all of this, a lost group that deviates from the national, religious, and moral ranks approaches us, which is represented by Ashraf Rubin Al-Ja'abari, and markets a number of suspicious ideas and plans by establishing a political party that is assembled within the halls of the Israeli Security Agency by holding meetings in the different districts of the homeland with settlers and the like.
Therefore, we in Fatah emphasize the following:
1. Those who were at the first meeting, which included extremist settlers and this collaborator group, do not represent anyone but themselves and they alone will bear the consequences of this treason against the religion and the homeland.
2. The Hebron District, with its tribes and families, has sacrificed and is still sacrificing Martyrs, prisoners, and wounded in order to liberate the homeland from the occupation, spies, and traitors, and denounces people like these who have sold themselves cheaply.
3. We greatly appreciate what was said by one of the greatest men from the fighting Al-Ja’abari family, who emphasized that Ashraf Rubin Al-Ja’abari does not represent the family at all, and that he has been a fugitive from the law for a while and lives in an area under complete Israeli control.
4. The full removal of tribal sponsorship from anyone who was involved in this treason, and not having any dealings or contact with them.
5. We will try those involved and those who plot against our national cause and project, and primarily Ashraf Rubin Al-Ja'abari, and will strike whoever dares or thinks to maintain contact or make contact with this traitorous group with an iron fist.”