PA: Beware “alliance with the Jews… obedience to the Jews”
PA Ministry of Religious Affairs dictates content for all tomorrow’s sermons:
“There is nothing that harms Palestine… more than making an alliance with the Jews”
“Obedience to the Jews… will lead to humiliation and shame.”
The Palestinian Authority exposed its true essence as a Jew-hating antisemitic body by condemning the peace agreements signed this week between Israel, the UAE, and Bahrain, because it is an “alliance with the Jews.” Not only is this what the PA believes but this hate message was disseminated by the PA Ministry of Religious Affairs to all mosques in the PA, as part of the instructions to preachers on what to say in their sermons to be given in the PA on Friday.
The weekly instruction sheet disseminated by the PA Ministry of Religion delineates the content to be preached in all sermons in PA mosques, and is signed by Husam Abu Al-Rub, the Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs. For tomorrows sermons, the PA Imams have been instructed to condemn the peace agreement signed this past week and to condemn the Arab countries for signing. There are nine short messages that are to be included in the sermon and this is the first one:
“There is nothing that harms Palestine and its holy sites more than making an alliance with the Jews, being connected to them, and relying on them.”
The fourth message continues the antisemitic theme warning Muslims about the terrible consequences including humiliation and shame for being “obedient” to Jews:
“Obedience to the Jews and being dragged after them will lead the nation to weakness, lawlessness, humiliation, and shame.”
The instruction sheet cites five proof texts from the Quran and five from the Hadith to back up its anti-Jewish messages and condemnation of the peace agreements. One of the sources warns Muslims to be wary of Jews and Christians, because their goal is to bring Muslims to give up their faith in Islam:
“And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion.” [Sura 2:120]
The attack here on all Christians is probably because of the central role that the United States played in bringing about the peace agreement.
In addition to warning against “alliance with the Jews” and “obedience to the Jews,” three times the PA condemns “normalization and relations with the Zionist entity,” which is said to be “high treason,” “sanctimoniousness and hypocrisy,” and will cause “weakness, lawlessness, humiliation, and shame.”
“Israel” is not mentioned by name or recognized.
Palestinian Media Watch has warned repeatedly about the centrality of Antisemitism and Jew hatred in PA education and ideology, and tomorrow’s sermons in the PA will be entrenching this hatred among all believing Palestinians.
The following is the full text of the PA Ministry of Religious Affairs instruction sheet for Friday’s sermons:
“In the name of All Merciful Allah
The State of Palestine
Sept. 16, 2020
The [PA] Ministry of Religious Affairs
Friday sermon Sept. 18, 2020
[Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs] Husam Abu Al-Rub
‘And do not incline toward those who do wrong’ [Quran 11:113, Sahih International translation]
The danger of normalization
- There is nothing that harms Palestine and its holy sites more than making an alliance with the Jews, being connected to them, and relying on them.
- Normalization with the Zionist entity is high treason against Palestine, Jerusalem, the blood of the Martyrs, and the suffering of the prisoners.
- Normalization with the Zionist entity is one of the expressions of sanctimoniousness and hypocrisy and accepting the oppressor and his tyranny.
- Obedience to the Jews and being dragged after them will lead the nation to weakness, lawlessness, humiliation, and shame.
- Concentrating all the energies to reject normalization and relations with the Zionist entity.
- The believer – distress and disasters strengthen him in his faith, confidence, and determination.
- The source of hope – after Allah – is in endurance and resolve on the rights and principles facing the oppression of the enemies and the abandonment by the brothers and friends.
- Calling on the Arab and Islamic peoples and the free people of the world to stand with Palestine in order to bring down the agreement of humiliation and treason by the UAE and Bahrain.
- Calling for unity and unifying the ranks in order to deal with the dangers threatening the Palestinian cause.
References and Shari’ah proofs:
- “O Prophet, fear Allah and do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise. And follow that which is revealed to you from your Lord. Indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted. And rely upon Allah ; and sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.” [Quran] Sura 33:1-3:
- “So be patient for the decision of your Lord and do not obey from among them a sinner or ungrateful [disbeliever].” Sura 76:24:
- “And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, ‘Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance.’ If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.” Sura 2:120
- “They do not observe toward a believer any pact of kinship or covenant of protection. And it is they who are the transgressors.” Sura 9:10
- “And do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites but do not harm them, and rely upon Allah. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.” Sura 33:48 (Clauses 6-10 consist of “Shari’ah proofs” from the Hadith – sayings and practices attributed to Islam's Prophet Muhammad –Ed.)
- (A Hadith is cited about there being one group among the nation of Islam that will continue to be on the side that adheres to the truth, will overcome their enemies, and will not be harmed by those who betray them until the end of days; it states “The Messenger of God [Muhammad] was asked: ‘Where are they?,’ and he answered: ‘In Jerusalem and its surroundings’” –Ed.)
- (A Hadith is cited about faith and adhering to Allah –Ed.)
- (A Hadith is cited about the believers strengthening one another like bricks in a building –Ed.)
- (A Hadith is cited about the Muslims being brothers and not oppressing or humiliating one another –Ed.)
- (A Hadith is cited about the believers needing to carefully examine those whom they befriend –Ed.)
Note: The Friday sermon and prayers will take place in open public spaces, while adhering to the guidelines and instructions of the [PA] Ministry of Religious Affairs and the [PA] Ministry of Health.
The Ministry of Religious Affairs