PA: All mosques must teach that extermination of Jews is an Islamic imperative
- The genocide message was included in the PA Ministry of Religious Affairs’ instruction sheet for all preachers for this past Friday
The PA Ministry of Religious Affairs posted guidelines for mosque preachers on Thursday instructing preachers what content they should include in their Friday sermons. The most horrific part of the instructions was a quote from a Hadith (Islamic tradition attributed to Islam’s prophet Muhammad) that teaches that the End of Time, the Redemption of humanity, is contingent on Muslims killing and eventually exterminating all Jews:
“The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, and the rock or a tree will say: ‘Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him’; except for the Gharqad tree, for it is the tree of the Jews.”
[PA Ministry of Religious Affairs, Facebook page, Oct. 18, 2023]
Following so close to the atrocities by Hamas, this PA religious message to Palestinians is first and foremost elevating the horrific massacre of nearly 1,400 Jews to constitute Islamic worship. In addition, it is a clear message that Allah/Islam wants Palestinians to leave their mosques after Friday prayers and set out to murder more Jews.
The PA religious establishment is notorious for teaching Palestinians that it is their destiny as Muslims to exterminate the Jews. For example, already a decade ago, the PA Mufti, the highest PA religious figure, explained at a Fatah event that the current Palestinian conflict against Israel is not a nationalistic fight for Palestinians but rather the Muslim destiny to exterminate Jews:
PA Mufti Muhammad Hussein, at a Fatah event in Jerusalem:
"47 years ago the [Fatah] revolution started. Which revolution? The modern revolution of the Palestinian people's history. In fact, Palestine in its entirety is a revolution, since [Caliph] Umar came [to Jerusalem, 637 CE], and continuing today, and until the End of Days. The reliable Hadith (tradition attributed to Muhammad), in the two reliable collections, Bukhari and Muslim, says:
"The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until you fight the Jews.
The Jew will hide behind rocks or trees.
Then the stones or trees will call:
'Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.'
Except the Gharqad tree [which will keep silent]."
Therefore it is no wonder that you see Gharqad [trees]
surrounding the [Israeli] settlements and colonies.."
[Official PA TV, Jan. 9, 2012]
Aside from the promotion of murder of Jews, this Friday’s instruction sheet also included the current prominent PA libel that misrepresents the Islamic Jihad missile that landed in a parking lot near a hospital killing 50 Gazans, as an Israeli attack on the hospital killing 500.
The following is the text of the PA’s instructions to the preachers in the mosques:
Text: “In the name of All Merciful Allah"
The State of Palestine – the [PA] Ministry of Religious Affairs
[Document] No. 1664, Oct. 18, 2023
Friday sermon for Oct. 20, 2023 –
The Al-Mamadani Hospital crime is ‘the crime of the times’ (refers to libel accusing Israel of bombing Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, which was done by Islamic Jihad -Ed.)
Main points of the sermon instructions:
- Palestine, the land of the Night Journey and Ascent to Heaven, adheres to its principles and is standing firm in the hardships; the one who abandons it will not harm it, it believes in its God’s promise of victory.
- The crime that was committed at the Al-Mamadani Hospital against women, children, elderly, sick, and medical teams, and the number of Martyrs caused as a result of it – more than 1,000 Martyrs – is one of the greatest crimes in the modern age (sic., a double lie; a failed rocket launch by Islamic Jihad terrorists struck a parking lot near a hospital killing approx. 50).
- What our people is undergoing – collective annihilation directed against women, children, and elderly – is a crime against humanity.
- The children’s organs and the sighs of the bereaved and wounded [in Gaza] are a mark of shame on the foreheads of those who whine about the [suffering of the] occupation (i.e., Israeli civilians massacred by Hamas)
- Our Palestinian people, in spite of the wounds and disasters, cannot wave a white flag until defeating the occupation (i.e., Israel) and establishing the independent Palestinian state, whose capital is sublime Jerusalem.
- Our message to the occupation – this land is an inseparable part of our faith, and it is impossible under any conditions or circumstances that the 1948 Nakba would repeat itself (i.e., “the catastrophe,” Palestinian term for the establishment of the State of Israel), and we will remain on this land until Allah enables the victory.
- The time has come, more than any other time, for our people to be united against the occupation’s arrogance.
- We call on our Palestinian people to be alert to the settlers’ crazy attacks, and particularly in the distant areas.
- We must all understand that this land and the holy sites in it are a deposit imposed on us until the Day of Judgement.
- Our national unity is the rock on which all the plots against the Palestinian national project will be shattered…
Proofs from the sources:
6. “‘The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, and the rock or a tree will say: “Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him”; except for the Gharqad tree, for it is the tree of the Jews.’
7: [The Hadith:] ‘A group of my nation will remain on the side of truth, and it will not be harmed by those who abandon it… until Allah’s word will come as they overcome the people.’”
[PA Ministry of Religious Affairs, Facebook page, Oct. 18, 2023]
Libel on Baptist Hospital Bombing in Gaza City, October 2023 - A failed rocket launch by Islamic Jihad terrorists fell short of Israel and hit the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital in the Gaza Strip on Oct. 17, 2023, during Hamas’ terror war on Israel. The PA and Hamas rushed to libel Israel as being responsible for the bombing and claimed approximately 500 people had been killed, and global media outlets including Reuters and the BBC picked up the Palestinian libel without confirming it. Israel proved with video evidence, including from Al-Jazeera TV, that it was an errant Islamic Jihad rocket that fell on the hospital during a barrage of rocket fire. Israel further published audio recording of a phone conversation between two Hamas terrorists intercepted by Israel on Oct. 17, 2023, in which the terrorists discussed how an Islamic Jihad rocket caused the damage and the shrapnel was "local shrapnel" and not Israeli. Having seen the Israeli evidence, the US later confirmed the Israeli assessment that an Islamic Jihad rocket had caused the damage. A senior European intelligence source estimated that the true death count from the bombing was no more than 50 people.
Hamas war on Israel October 2023 - At least 1,200 Israelis, including over 1,000 civilians, were murdered and over 4,800 wounded, in addition to approximately 244 (including 110 later released or liberated and 7 found murdered) who were abducted into the Gaza Strip, in a Hamas terror war that began when approximately 3,000 Hamas terrorists broke through Israel's security fence at the Gaza Strip border and launched a surprise attack, taking control of several Israeli towns and attacking a music festival on the Jewish holiday of Simchat Torah, which fell on the Sabbath, Oct. 7, 2023. During the massacre the terrorists tortured, raped, shot, beheaded, and burned their victims alive, murdering entire families and leaving at least 21 children without parents. Hamas terrorists also fired at least 5,000 rockets at Israeli population centers. In response, Israel launched Operation Iron Swords to counter the Hamas terror threat. Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon joined Hamas' terror war starting from the following day, attacking Israel from the north. Occasional rocket launches and shootings continued from Lebanon throughout the war. A ceasefire and prisoner exchange deal began on Nov. 24, 2023, in which Israel agreed to release 150 terrorist prisoners, pause drone surveillance in the Gaza Strip, and allow movement between the northern and southern Gaza Strip, in return for 50 Israeli female and child hostages held by Hamas. The deal was subsequently extended with additional releases, until Hamas violated the agreement and resumed attacking on Dec. 1, 2023.